On January 2, 2020, FIS acquired a majority interest in Virtus Partners (Virtus). The combination of FIS and Virtus connects the full lending value chain across the buy and sell sides, with full asset class coverage and unmatched expertise in the credit market to help you quickly add new funds and grow assets under management (AUM).
We commit to clients that we will:
- Unify your approach to the credit market with a single, front-to-back-office platform that delivers pre- and post-close functionality, spans liquid and illiquid strategies, and supports both the buy and sell sides.
- Reduce the administrative and maintenance burden with high value Business Process as a Service (BPaaS).
- Illuminate this opaque market with guidance and expertise from specialists who are immersed in the intricacies of the credit market.
- Deliver an unbeatable level of service.
- Use our scale to connect the value chain of commerce, banking and capital markets, and develop solutions that enable our clients to grow and reach new markets confidently.
- Create secure and scalable innovations that modernize our clients’ businesses and position them for success today and in the future.
FIS is a leading provider of technology solutions for merchants, banks and capital markets firms globally. Our 55,000 people are dedicated to advancing the way the world pays, banks and invests by applying our scale, deep expertise and data-driven insights. We help our clients use technology in innovative ways to solve business-critical challenges and deliver superior experiences for their customers. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS is a Fortune 500® company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index. To learn more, visit www.fisglobal.com. Follow FIS on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter (@FISGlobal).
Kelly Faykus is a Co-Founder and Managing Partner for Virtus Partners. Kelly oversees all aspects of Virtus’ daily operations and strategic relationships. He has over twenty years in the financial services industry in varying capacities from loan origination to trust services. Prior to founding Virtus, Kelly was the head of Sales and New Business for the JPMorgan CDO group. Kelly earned a BS degree in Finance from Texas A&M and an MBA from University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
Mirna Herr is a Co-Founder and Partner for Virtus Partners. She is responsible for all aspects of the firm’s operational areas, management of client relationships, and services. Mirna brings over 20 years of experience in the financial services industry. Prior to founding Virtus, Mirna held management positions at JPMorgan playing active roles in key client relationships and serving critical roles for process improvement and implementation. Mirna earned a BS degree in Accounting from the University of Houston-Clear Lake. She is an active member of the Canary Islands Descendants Association.
Joe Elston is a Co-Founder and Partner for Virtus Partners, LLC. His primary focus includes managing Virtus’ new business, sales, and marketing efforts. Joe has over twenty years of experience in the financial services industry with assignments ranging from loan origination to trust services. Prior to founding Virtus, Joe was lead sales and deal manager at the JPMorgan CDO Trust group and a US Navy Surface Warfare Officer. Joe earned a BBA degree in Finance from Southern Methodist University and a MA and PHD from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln in Political Science with an emphasis in Economics.